Governments worldwide have created a complex network of rules and regulations that affect every industry. Having a guide who knows not only what to look for but where to look to craft solutions that minimize your company’s risk can be invaluable. VLG attorneys have the ability to get our clients in line with federal regulations, and save them money.
Given the current economic climate, trade compliance is both a requisite to avoiding government enforcement actions and a money saving tool. VLG confidently navigates clients through mandatory compliance with federal regulations, violations of which can lead to substantial fines and even prison sentences for non-compliant management.
However, proper compliance can also provide clients with an opportunity to save on costs. VLG provides complete audits to identify potentially costly inefficiencies in a company’s current compliance regime. These audits examine improper duty payment, improper use of trade brokers, and unnecessary paperwork or staffing to deal with trade compliance. After the audit has been completed, VLG offers tailored strategies for restructuring to save on tax expenditures, both direct and indirect.
Moreover, VLG attorneys have expertise in export licensing, ITAR, import valuations and classification, OIAC, foreign corrupt practices act, voluntary disclosure, indirect taxation, and treaty analysis.
- FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- FTZs (Free Trade Zones)
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation)
- NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
- FTAs (Free Trade Agreements)
- BIS (US Bureau of Industry and Security)
- EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
- CTPA (Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement)
- CFTA (Chile Free Trade Agreement)
- OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control)
Other Compliance Practice Areas:
- Ethical compliance
- Franchise and Antitrust compliance
- Human Rights compliance