- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D. 1981)
- SMU Law Review (formerly Southwestern Law Journal), Executive Editor (2010-11)
- Sgt.-At-Arms: Order of the Barristers
- Chief Justice of the Advocates: Lawyers’ Inn
- University of Colorado (B.A. 1976, with distinction)
- Wake Forest University (Fall 1972-Spring 1973)
- Dean’s List
Robert Candee is a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney who has been engaged in the private practice of law since graduation from law school in 1981. Bob has significant expertise in litigating complex, multi-party civil disputes. Over the course of his 30 year career, Bob has represented clients at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations. Bob also has experience representing clients in transactional matters.
With respect to litigation, Bob has represented clients in construction, consumer, professional negligence, lending, real estate, insurance, insurance coverage, employment, and ERISA disputes. Bob has also handled securities cases and cases involving covenants not to compete, trade secrets, unfair competition, tortious interference, copyright infringement, and business disparagement.
Bob is a 1984 graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, where he has served on the Steering Committee for the association’s annual Pro Bono Golf Tournament. Bob has also served as a judge for the Moot Court competitions at Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court